3.0
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I signed up for Aflac in January of 2017. My policy did not become active until March of 2017.

In August I found I was pregnant and the baby would be due in March of 2018. I did not have any problems but at 24 weeks pregnant my water broke and I was admitted into the hospital. I had an emergency c-section at 25 weeks. My son was place in NICU and he will be there possibly until March.

This is extremely hard on any parent. It’s been a month and I have not returned to work and I probably will not be back until April depending on when my son can come home. I go to the hospital everyday to see my son. So I filed my Aflac claim in December the asked for the documents.

When those was sent they asked for my tax return, w9, and last pay check stub. I called in January 3rd to check the status of the claim. They said they have all the documents and they will process the claim. I called back today January 8th and they said my claim was denied because there is a 10 month waiting period for child birth.

I informed them that the baby came at 25 weeks he wasn’t due until March. I will be out until April will they not pay a portion since it’s January and I will still be out. The representative told me no. I said okay can I cancel my policy.

So she typed some notes and placed me on hold to cancel the policy. I’ve been on hold now for 45 minutes. So a representative just answer the phone and told me that they transferred me to the wrong department. So she proceeded to transfer me, she said it she only take about 2 minutes.

Which it did, and the representative who I spoke with to cancel my policy was extremely nice. She understood what I was going through and howI travel to see my son everyday. She said I can reinstate my policy anytime within the next two years. I told her I wouldn’t because it basically a waste of money.

I can’t afford to give away money and then when I need you, I can even get a portion.

She cancelled my policy and said she will keep us in her prayers. Even though I liked her a lot I will never reinstate my policy because of my experience with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aflac Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments