San Francisco, California
18K views 38 comments

An AFLAC rep came to my work place to sell us insurance. I haven't been to a Dentist in 8 years and was interested in Dental Insurance. I specifically asked the Rep if I could start seeing the Dentist right away. His answer was "Yes". I asked if I was unhappy with the services could I cancel at anytime. Again the Reps answer was Yes. He embellished the insurance and said it covered two Dental Cleanings and stated the first visit to your Dentist you are mailed $50 for a Wellness benefit. Basically these Reps are scammers and liars!!!!! My Dental cleaning and X-rays cost me $240...AFLAC only paid $75. I found out that I need a crown and have to pay into AFLAC for 2 years before I can even have the Dental work done. Let's do the math. That is $940. I already paid $150 for my cleaning and xrays. The crown will cost $1422 and AFLAC only pays $375. So basically...I would have to pay $2156 for premiums, 1 cleaning in 2 years and my crown. They alsio made me wait months to cancel since I signed up through my work. I had to wait until open enrollment again. Again...another fact left out!

HOW ON EARTH IS THAT CONSIDERED INSURANCE!!!! SCAM...SCAM....SCAM! Look into a Discount with your Dentist. I learned they will give you 25% of services with a smaller monthly fee and there is no waiting period.

DON'T BE ANOTHER VICTIM TO AFLAC!!!!

Had an Experience with Aflac?

Comments

yes you are so right it happen to me to I drop a major dental insurance for this *** they donot tell you at the time this is supplemental dental insurance to use with your other MAJOR dental plan, they say ONLY what will catch your attention to sell the policy and leave out the most important parts I have made a HUGE mistake SO glad i did not let my daughter get her wisdom tooth out yet I am waiting for open enrollment to cancel this sh$$. NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE AFLAC FOR ANYTHING

Lomita, California, United States #1255098

WOW, did you actally Re ad your contract??? I think not

Lomita, California, United States #1255096

If there are companies that offer dental insurance with no waiting period, I would think the premiums are very low as well as the pay out, insurance companies are businesses in the business to helping people but not if cost a them money, being an aflac agent myself I sed the all the time.

People please, please, please re ad your policies and ask questions, just cause he is a nice guy

Me
Lomita, California, United States #1255091

Hmmm, I'm a aflac agent and if your agent said yes to that question I believe he violated the code of ethics within the aflac organization and I would report that action to the Atlanta office to have it looked into, and just so you now the waiting periods are pur into place to guard against fraudulent claims, folks all the time want to but insurance, get stuff done then cancel kinda like planning a car accident.

For me I tell my clients straight up front that there are e

Waiting periods before they sign and by the way they are clearly stated on the contract.

I'm very sorry your experience dud not go well but cause you wanted to get dental work done with in intention to cancel then in the insurance world that would be called "concealment or fauld" which no insurance company would pay and btw there are fine associated to that as well.

If you've waited 8 years to see dentist and need a bail out well that exactly why the waiting periods are in place, after the 2 years you talk about that is it, once the waiting periods are dine there done and the policies proceders go into to full effort

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1230497

I just had pretty much the same experience.Had not been to a dentist in about 5 years.

My wife gets the Aflac dental plan through work. I go to a dentist, pay well over $300 for evaluation, x-rays, bitewings and prophy. Aflac only paid $95. Why!

Because the evaluation and the prophy were done on the same appointment! WOW!

I am certain the dentist didn't know, and I didn't either because that was never mentioned during the sales pitch.And of course, my wife has to continue to pay for the worthless dental insurance until open enrollment when she is finally allowed to cancel.

Portland, Oregon, United States #1193027

Sounds like you didn't read your policy.Become a better consumer and read instructions and understand what is paid for and the amount you receive.

You blame the rep but in reality it was you showing your *** consumer side.You probably also buy bottled water and $5 coffees.

wait periods are pretty much standard for all Dental Insurance. Crowns are always a 12 month wait period no matter what insurance company you sign up for.

Tonya
to Anonymous Oberlin, Ohio, United States #1202543

This isn't true. I've been researching dental insurance and found several that have no waiting period. You just have to do your homework.

I'm a dentist .

Aflac is great if you can find the dentist who work with them.

But even if you had ppo dental insurance you had to pay 50% for majer work. So out of pocket for 1 crown is $700,

No of the dental insurances I see are great they all have some trick in them. Need to understand them. They should be called coupons.

Lol.

But in my office Aflac works great for most people Not everybody.Hope this was helpful

to Anonymous Omaha, Nebraska, United States #1286653

If you're truly a dentist with that poor grammar and spelling, you need to either spend a little time proofreading or go back to school.