Working for AFLAC

Issue not resolved
Sep 21, 2011
review #263240
Update added by user Oct 24, 2011

I was asked to do an update.Well, I am unemployed.

My Insurance License will expire at the end of the year and I am not sure I will renew it.My supervisior still owes me $100.00 he will not respond to any of my attempt to contact him, he blocked me on his emails and so far has not returned my calls.

Original review posted by user Sep 21, 2011

I need to add my view about working of AFLAC.I regret it.

You may see advertisement about AFLAC and even the one TV Ads that they are looking for people to work for them. Just to let you know, first off if you are hired you have to by a smart phone and IPAD, also a laptop computer. You pay them $100 a month rent for you cell in their office. The Managers hold contest to see with sales person can make the most calls, speak with a manager etc.

In my office we had a another satellite office, I found out that the manager would tell my office the satellite office won and they would tell the satellite office we won, so they never paid anyone who won the contest. I won a contest and was suppose to get $100.00, that was on a Friday, the next Monday my supervisior fired me and did not pay me the $100.00.

Some may ask why is AFLAC on TV trying to recruit sales people. Historically AFLAC had no interest in the US market, 98% of AFLAC business was in Japan. Why Japan, one thing is Japan does not have any Consumer protection laws, AFLAC could and did what ever it wanted to do.

The Japanese cultural also has a negative view of a person asking for money in any form, so claims were ignored, if any were filed. Another thing AFLAC does not want anyone in the US to know is they were partnered with the YAKUZA, Japans organized crime. If AFLAC went to a company to get business the word was the YAKUZA was not far behind so everyone signed up and paid. In Japan AFLAC was making 100% profit, until recent events occured and the Japanese Government made AFLAC pay the claims.

The YAKUZA went along with the Japanese Government and AFLAC lost their protection.This is way AFLAC is now trying to get into US markets, to make up for the losses in Japan and they will do anything.

c2c4aeb
Had an experience with AFLAC?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
anonymous in NC

Jan 07

Literally everything I ever read before coming to Aflac online is a bunch of bull. I started with Aflac about 2 months ago straight out of college with ZERO sales experience. And since then have written 26k in premiums and opened 8 accounts. Its not rocket science, you do your research find who doesn't have Aflac and target them. Making connections all along the way. Most people think Aflac is going to be a handout and everyone is just gonna fall all over themselves to buy the products. This does happen very rarely, but not often. Most of you who have given Aflac a bad name on these forums and its tough to read, because its just flat not true. I work for a wonderful district and regional team here in NC and wouldnt trade this job for anything. And another thing is most people do it wrong, to make an actual connection you need to walk into the business a phone call NEVER works. Try a couple of weeks of riding around and WALKING INTO 20 business a day or about 90ish a week and after 3 weeks you will make money theres no way you cant. And dont complain about gas you sell one policy and youve made your tank of gas for the week.

1 0 Reply
The Lone Aflacer

Oct 04, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

I can see things from both sides. I love the company, but the dream they sell is not easy to achieve. I began working for Aflac and won the activity contest and received a bag of ducks. I continued to make my calls and go door to door without any success. My trainer was not into taking me out or really showing me the ropes, but I continued despite the lack of training. I then my father and mother (81 & 78) both had medical issues and I humbly requested some time off to get things organized and take care of my parents. I would e-mail weekly to keep my bosses in the loop of what was going on. I finally was ready to go back and start off where I had left off. I made an appointment to sit with my Big Boss and was told "You can sell Aflac, but leave the office and don't come back." At this time I was thinking all was going good and everyone talks about is how flexible they are and will help to make you succeed in the market. Now I am working on getting documents and a computer so I can still work on my own is very hard. Thing are marked as "Talk to you Regional". I will not give up because I want to really show them I better then they are. I know that once I get the word of mouth going I can really help the Hispanic Community. It is going to take hard work and now being a lone sales person it is going to take some really really hard work.

Jul 10, 2013

To all the no talent *** clowns on this site, Aflac is a great product, people who have been there for awhile do well, but the market is so saturated at this point I don't give a *** who you are, to actually make money you will probably have to work there for 3 years AT LEAST. We were calling the same businesses OVER and OVER again, who the *** has the chance selling that way? They even had us saying we were calling from American Family because they knew once you said Aflac you were getting hung up on since somebody from Aflac had already called there 5 times in the last week. The company is run like ***. I was offered a job as a district and turned it down because there is no way I could look myself in the mirror in the morning trying to get people on board for that ***. Total pyramid scheme. And for those I couldn't *** it? Yeah, I could. I just didn't want to harass people all day, get paid ***, treated like a joke, and call it a living. By the way, it is QUIT, not QUITE.

The Truth

Jul 02, 2013 Boerne, Texas

I just could not hold it back anymore.

I to worked for Aflac for about 2 yrs.
My first DCS was great. As part of my training he took me into some of his accounts and patiently showed me how to present and process the applications. He was very fair in sharing the rewards.

I was very happy and on the road to being very successful.
That changed very quickly with a change in "Coordinators" including my DSC. There is a reason Aflac does not include the word "Management" in the titles.

My DSC was told to step down because he was not spending enough time recruiting and training. Part of the process was that the RSC did the intital interviews and then sent them over to a DSC. It was very evident that the RSC was setting up my DSC to fail with the quality of people he sent over. EX.: No transportation, no way to pay any expenses, did not want to work the hours or process applications but promised by the RSC big dollars.

As for me personally, several times I had accounts taken away from me and given to their "buddys".

So what does the SSC and RSC do, they bring in a "buddy" from out of town who spends most of the time enrolling and can not keep any new associates. Most common complaints: will not include them on any enrollments, belittles them, no training. This is not my opinion on what is happending but actually talking to the new associates. The most blatant situation was an associate
... Show more

Crazy Shyt

Nov 26, 2012

Hey "Aflac Sucker", we were probably in the same training class in New Braunfels...sorry about your experience...Still hanging in there so the jury is still out....I wonder if your DSC was RJ? ....Good luck in whatever endeavors you choose to do.

Aflac sucker

Nov 11, 2012

Aflac may have good people, but there is also a lot of liars working there as well, Texas central to be specific, I went to training and was told that I get a full tank of gas if I made 50/5 during sales school. Lie #1. We were only given a 50 dollar gift card and told to get gas, 50 dollars won't even fill my truck which I use legitimately to make sales calls. Also I was promised training but I was only shown enough to make a basic cold call and deal with rejections. My trainer was a greedy joke, he spent more time trying to fill his own pockets rather than to mentor me, my dsc told me I could not cold call a broker because it wasn't allowed, yet he and his son, both very greedy and using mostly brokered business, the irony about these people is that they try to outwardly display themselves as Christians when the office is nothing but a den of thieves, lies, deceptiveness, greed, theft, that is my experience in one of the Texas central offices.

Happily engaged with Aflac in

Oct 19, 2012

After reading your comments, I don't feel bad about you losing your job with Aflac. You just don't have what it takes to be successful. to be successful one has to be willing to do what others may not want to do. Otherwise, everyone would work a few hours a day, have 3 day weekends, be wealthy, etc. If you're not willing to work for what you ulltimately want, then blame your own *** self and stop blaming everyone else in your life for your failures. My Regional coordinator paid for my temporary license, my office let me use laptops, etc, until I closed some business and gained some experience. you see, hard work is rewarded and Aflac has been one of the best place to work for 14 years in a row in Forbes and Fortune magazine surveys. Not to mention their premiums haven't gone up since it's inception in 1955. Aflac has also been Forbes magazine's one of the most admired companies to work for 9 years in a row. So you can roll up the Japanese crime syndicate story and shove where you like it most, and keep your negative and pessimist comments to yourself as you embark on your new journey to find another job.

Not associated quite yet

May 08, 2012

I would like to point out that there are quite a few grammar errors in many of the complaints. If I were to complain about anything ,then I would hope to be able to argue my point correctly.
It's understandable to be aggravated easily. I say understandable because you obviously don't have patience to learn about the company you work let alone common grammar.
No one person is perfect, but hopefully ypu will try harder next time you type away.
Good luck to you when you fax out that resume. I'd triple check that were I you.

NoNo

Jan 03, 2013 Baltimore, Maryland

Hey "Not associated quite yet," Do you really have nothing more to offer than being the grammar police? You have unnecessarily started not one, but two sentences with prepositions. You have one improper phrase ("...learn about the company you work let alone common grammar" - should be "...learn about the company you work for, let alone common grammar." You also misspelled the word you ("ypu") in the next sentence, and the last sentence is a bit suspect as well. Surely you know better, and one item is merely a typo? Could it be that not everyone focuses on perfection when posting to blogs such as this? Probably. You might want to consider that before posting a BS response, and maybe post something useful.

0 0 Reply
I know why you were fired

Feb 24, 2012

Just by reading your post I was able to quickly realize why you were fired by AFLAC.... Obviously you are unintelligent and uneducated. If you come off as someone that is unintelligent then how are you supposed to sell an insurance product to people.... I get pissed off at coordinators every time they hire someone like you. Just because you can pass a basic insurance exam doesn't mean that you should be selling insurance products.

I wish you the best of luck at McDonalds.

Really?

Feb 21, 2012

I know how Insurance claims work. It's a progressive payout. Aflac does NOT write $64K checks. If you want to make a point, PLEASE do not make up figures. The initial diagnosis was probably $7500.00 and a daily benefit of $300.00 C'mon. over 200 days in the hospital before filing a claim?

reality

Feb 20, 2012

A person would have to be insane to buy this so called insurance.

AFLAC STAR

Feb 18, 2012

Aflac is a great company to work with. At no point do they call the sales force employees. They call them associates.
The bottom line is , know your craft. A strong salesperson gets it done without needing leads spoon fed to them. Its not the worlds fault that you could'nt succeed where others excel.
Unless your family owns a corporation with 20000 employees , why would a true sales pro want your friends and family lists. Don't flatter yourself.

Scott

Feb 17, 2012

I'm a District Coordinator with AFLAC and what you describe is not how I run my business. Again, my business. You should ask for a full description of the position and about how your manager runs his team: we all have the right to run our business our way as long as it is within the regulations set forth by AFLAC and your State Commissioner. If your business failed, ultimately it was your fault. You cannot blame others. My training was here are some drops, call me when you have an appointment. 5 Years later, my business is growing and my residual is more than the JOB I quite. Learn from your mistakes, reorgainize, make a plane of action, take action, and do not blame others.

Aflac Agent

Feb 09, 2012

I work for Aflac. Never had to buy a phone, never had to buy an iPad, never had to buy a computer, and nobody has prompted me to do so. If anything, you need to blame yourself and get all of your facts straight before you take a job. Blame the *** people you worked for, not the company, becuase Aflac does a lot of good for a lot of people.

gina

Jan 03, 2012

I am thinking about working for aflac on a temporary basis. Please give me a little more feed back. I am not sure if this is really for me

Pete

Dec 14, 2011

Hate to say this to most of the people posting on this, but most of you are full of ***. These websites are LOADED with people who couldn't cut it. Gimme a break. A few points from an AFLAC coordinator regarding some of the points made:

1. If you aren't willing to WORK HARDER THAN YOU'VE EVER WORKED BEFORE, don't waste your coordinator's time. He is only hiring you on the off chance that you WILL work harder than you've ever worked, where he know that this gives you the OPPORTUNITY to be successful.

2. You gotta have THICK SKIN. Nobody loves outside sales people. People WILL hang up on you. People WILL be rude sometimes, despite your best effort at being professional and polite. If they buy a policy and they get sick or hurt, and if you're there for them, they'll name their kids after you. However, 95% of new agents will be GONE in a matter of weeks because they can't deal with the rejection inherent in sales. I've seen 1st day new agents high as a kite after making three appointments on a Monday, and QUIT two days later because they got killed on the phone on Tuesday and Wednesday. 95% GONE before they gave themselves a chance, only to wind up on this blog.

3. Crying about "my manager won't help me get started" is ***. New agents are simply an investment for a coordinator. The only reason your coordinator took the position is because he gets MUCH more commission if you are successful. A coordinator spends
... Show more

old employee

Dec 14, 2011

Im a young girl with a bachelors..i went for an interview and spent a month studying the insurance exam. First..they have you contact all the business owners you know, then your family and friends. Once yove obtained that short list, you run off dry leads that have been contacted 100 times already. I did this for a year and made a whole $800. I continued to make a few hundred a month when i quit. The management doesn't care about you..they care about numbers. As for the insurance its like..will i get in an accident or have cancer..you don't know. Its not bad supplemental insurance but getting anyone to pay $30 to $100 a month for i don't know is hard. This was a big waste of a year of my life.

crazy

Nov 21, 2011

What *** would buy this BS?? These are just typical sales people working for a company that sells a "product" by using fear as a sales tactic.People in this country need to wise up to companies like this and their corny tv ads too.

1-20 of 40 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about AFLAC.
Filing a new complaint about
×